Youth Foundation Training Programme (YFTP) Selection Process for the
PLEASE NOTE THERE
WILL BE NO YOUTH FOUNDATION TRAINING PROGRAMME
FOR THE YEAR 2009
The advertisements and selection of candidates for the Youth
Foundation Training Programme is done once annually in the preceding
The criteria for the programme are as follows:
- The candidate must be a South African citizen.
- He/She must be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Mathematics and
Physical Science (minimum E- symbol)
The Selection process are as follows:
- Psychometric tests are done on all candidates. If a candidate
passes these tests, he/she will then be interviewed by the Selection
- Selection Board interview. The Board is representative, according
to race, gender and Defence Force Arms of Service representatives. If a
candidate is successful at the interview he/she then proceeds to do the
- SA Criminal Buro screening. Finger prints of the candidates are
taken for security clearance purposes.
- Medical examination. If a candidate meets the medical
requirements as stipulated by Surgeon General, a Call-up instruction is
then sent to the successful applicant. The Call-up instruction informs
the successful applicants where and when to report for service.
- The Selection process is done in all nine provinces in the RSA.